Meetings are held the 1st Saturday of each month at 9:00 am
S.V.O. Special Meeting Date: N/A
Next S.V.O. Meeting Date:
CONSTITUTION AND BI-LAWS OF
SHONTO VETERANS ORGANIZATION
SHONTO, AZ 86054
ARTICE III: PURPOSE(S) OF THE SVO
The purpose and goals of the SVO shall be to:
1) Establish a Shonto Veterans Organization consisting of Navajo Veterans residing and registered within the Shonto Chapter; and
2) To help and promote the improvement of the condition of Navajo Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces in war or peacetime; and
3) To develop channels of communications that will assist Veteran(s) maximize the enrichment of their lives and self-fulfillment; and
4) To study legislation and/or regulations introduced at federal, state, or local level which may affect the social, economic, educational, employment, or the physical welfare of a Veteran or Veterans; and
5) To develop proposal(s) designed to improve the quality of life, especially in areas such as, but not limited to housing, social services, employment, education, training, and health; and
6) To conduct research and/or disseminate information relating to all Veterans; and
7) To assist disabled and needy veterans, dependents, widows, and orphans of deceased Veterans.
8) To develop a strong partnership with the community, local Chapter, local School, and other Veteran organization.
9) To inspire in our membership a sense of responsibility, to develop leadership and to keep the public reminded that the Navajo Veterans fought and served to preserve peace, liberty, and democracy for our Nation.
**Amended June 7th, 1998**